MUseum reopening 13 August 2020
After an extended period of closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SOFO is reopening from 13 August 2020.
- We have installed a screen at our reception desk and have hand sanitizer available throughout the museum for the safety of our visitors and staff.
- Visitors to the museum should wear masks, and practice appropriate social distancing.
- Like many shops, we encourage visitors to use card/contactless payments.
- Our revised opening hours can be reviewed below.
|Children 5 - 16||£2.50|
|Children under 5||FREE|
|(2 adults & up to 4 children)||£13.00|
|(1 adult & up to 4 children)||£10.50|
|(1 adult and up to 2 children)||£8.75|
|Group -per person (minimum 6)||£3.50|
|Pay once and receive 12 months|
|(2 adults & up to 4 children)||£37.00|
|(1 adult & up to 4 children)||£30.00|
|(1 adult and up to 2 children)||£26.00|
Phone and Email:
General Enquiries & Event Tickets: 01993 810 211
Museum Director: 01993 810 212
Education and Outreach: 01993 810 214
Collections and Research: 01993 810 215
Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum
Opening Times (Updated August 2020)
|Thursday:||11am - 5pm|
|Friday:||11am - 5pm|
|Saturday:||11am - 5pm|
Sunday: 2 - 5pm
Last admission: 4.15pm
SOFO shares the site with The Oxfordshire Museum, please visit https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/public-site/oxfordshire-museum
Changes to Regular Opening Hours
We have re-opened in August 2020 following extended closures due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the opening times listed above represent our current schedule in light of curent social distancing and other safety measures.
The museum will be closed for the Christmas/New Year period from Sunday 20th December, and will re-open on Thursday 7th January.
Download Our Latest Brochure - SOFO Brochure Winter 2019 to Spring 2020
Printable brochure with general information about the museum as well as a schedule of events covering November 2019 to April 2020.
The Soldiers of Oxfordshire museum is fully accessible and we welcome all visitors. Our facilities include disabled toilets and a lift as well as baby changing facilities. Should you have any specific needs to accommodate your visit please contact us and we will be happy to do all we can to help you. Download our Accessibility Guide for more information.
A PDF map/floor plan of the museum can be also be downloaded here: Gallery Guide Map
By car: via A44 Oxford to Evesham. Please use postcode OX20 1SN for your sat-nav. The nearest long-stay car park is on Hensington Road.
By bus: S3, 7 and 500 from Oxford City Centre. 233 from Witney/Burford – plan your journey here.
By train: nearest train stations are Long Hanborough (bus 233) or Oxford (bus S3, 500) – plan your journey here.
Bicycle racks are located in Park Street.
It’s easy to reach us by bus and train and you’ll enjoy 10% off entry and shop. Plan your car-free journey with Good Journey.
Disabled parking is located directly outside The Oxfordshire Museum. The walk from the Park Street entrance takes approximately 5 minutes and is on level ground. There are also other spaces in Park Street but these are limited. There is a FREE public car park a short walk away, approximately 12 minutes, in Hensington Road.
SOFO is dedicated to developing strong community ties through active involvement with local organisations and events. We are pleased to accept donation requests on behalf of non-profit organisations and schools in their fundraising efforts subject to the following guidelines:
• Applicant must be a school or a non-profit organisation.
• A request for donation must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the fund-raising event.
• No more than one donation is made to any organisation within a calendar year.
• Donations include 1 Family Annual Pass, which covers museum admission for 2 adults and up to 4 children for 1 year (special events are excluded unless otherwise stated).
• Due to the number of requests we receive, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be filled.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to advertise the donation through your own networks, advertising material for the event, newsletter etc.
All donation requests should be submitted be emailing us at email@example.com