Covid-19 Information for Visitors
- • Masks: Our staff and volunteers continue to wear masks in public areas. Though no longer mandatory, we encourage visitors to wear them indoors too
- • Social Distancing: Please continue to practice social distancing around other visitors
- • Booking: You don't have to book in advance, just drop in. However, you can purchase admissions online ahead of your visit if you prefer
- • Sanitizer: Many of our exhibits are interactive, using touchscreens, buttons and headsets. Because of this, we encourage visitors to make use of hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes available throughout the building
- • We encourage the use of contactless card payments whenever possible.
|Children 5 - 16||£3.00|
|Children under 5||FREE|
|(2 adults & up to 4 children)||£16.00|
|(1 adult & up to 4 children)||£11.00|
|(1 adult and up to 2 children)||£9.50|
|Group (per person, minimum 6)||£4.50|
|Pay once and receive 12 months|
|(2 adults & up to 4 children)||£45.00|
|(1 adult & up to 4 children)||£33.00|
|(1 adult and up to 2 children)||£28.00|
Phone and Email:
General Enquiries & Event Tickets: 01993 810 211
Museum Director: 01993 810 212
Education and Outreach: 01993 810 214
Collections and Research: 01993 810 215
Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum
Opening Times (Updated May 2021)
|Tuesday:||11am - 5pm|
|Wednesday:||11am - 5pm|
|Thursday:||11am - 5pm|
|Friday:||11am - 5pm|
|Saturday:||11am - 5pm|
Sunday: 2pm - 5pm
Last admission: 4.15pm
SOFO shares the site with The Oxfordshire Museum.
Changes to Regular Opening Hours
Download Our Latest Brochure - SOFO Exhibitions Brochure October 2020 to December 2021
Printable brochure with general information about the museum as well as a schedule of events covering November 2019 to April 2020.
The Soldiers of Oxfordshire museum is fully accessible and we welcome all visitors. Our facilities include disabled toilets and a lift as well as baby changing facilities. Should you have any specific needs to accommodate your visit please contact us and we will be happy to do all we can to help you. Download our Accessibility Guide for more information.
A PDF map/floor plan of the museum can be also be downloaded here: Gallery Guide Map
By car: via A44 Oxford to Evesham. Please use postcode OX20 1SN for your sat-nav. The nearest long-stay car park is on Hensington Road.
By bus: S3, 7 and 500 from Oxford City Centre. 233 from Witney/Burford – plan your journey here.
By train: nearest train stations are Long Hanborough (bus 233) or Oxford (bus S3, 500) – plan your journey here.
Bicycle racks are located in Park Street.
It’s easy to reach us by bus and train and you’ll enjoy 10% off entry and shop. Plan your car-free journey with Good Journey.
Disabled parking is located directly outside The Oxfordshire Museum. The walk from the Park Street entrance takes approximately 5 minutes and is on level ground. There are also other spaces in Park Street but these are limited. There is a FREE public car park a short walk away, approximately 12 minutes, in Hensington Road.
SOFO is dedicated to developing strong community ties through active involvement with local organisations and events. We are pleased to accept donation requests on behalf of non-profit organisations and schools in their fundraising efforts subject to the following guidelines:
• Applicant must be a school or a non-profit organisation.
• A request for donation must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the fund-raising event.
• No more than one donation is made to any organisation within a calendar year.
• Donations include 1 Family Annual Pass, which covers museum admission for 2 adults and up to 4 children for 1 year (special events are excluded unless otherwise stated).
• Due to the number of requests we receive, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be filled.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to advertise the donation through your own networks, advertising material for the event, newsletter etc.
All donation requests should be submitted be emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org